We want to take a moment to say thank you to our volunteers in the US and our participants in Mexico for showcasing the worth and quality of Corazón. Our volunteers and sponsors have stepped up in a way that we never dreamed possible when we first started planning for a year without house builds.Read more
Photo: Cumbres and Flores Magon
Andreina Espinoza, a senior at the University of California, Irvine, held a remote internship with Corazón. She conducted a series of interviews with our community members to understand how their daily lives were impacted by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.Read more
What this month’s newsletter covers:
- How are we combating food insecurity this month? Read about our communities’ committees, and their efforts toward distributing food vouchers for the holidays.
- Read our Community Member Spotlight to find out how a community member is supporting friends/family around them.
- Our Giving Tuesday statistics are ready. Read how Corazón supporters are helping our communities in the coming months.
- Are you still looking for that perfect gift? Consider donating in someone’s name and we’ll send your loved one a gift certificate of your choice!
- We’re discussing the importance of Mexican storytelling and dichos (sayings) in this month’s, ¡Corazón Classroom!
What this month's newsletter covers:
- After a month-long challenge, Corazón’s first virtual event successfully comes to an end. Read about how much you all contributed to MYH.
- How are your donations from earlier this year being used to help families in our communities? Read our program and community member highlight for this month.
- Giving Tuesday is on December 1, 2020. See what our organization has in store for this day.
- Learn about Dia de Los Muertos in this month’s ¡Corazón Classroom!
Hello, my name is Ana Rodriguez, I live in Cerro Azul. I am the Corazón Community Coordinator for the Tecate communities. I joined the Corazón family as a volunteer in 2009; over the past 12 years, I have been working on construction and community leadership programs and activities. In 2019, after many years of volunteering with Corazón, I was offered a full-time position at Corazón. It is rewarding to serve communities in Tecate and work alongside Corazón 's U.S. volunteers.Read more
Your support is powerful!
For the last several weeks, we have brought you stories of families trying to survive during the pandemic. Here are a few stories about the difference that you have made in the lives of the struggling poor families we serve:Read more