Lead Builder: Mike Savage
*Please contact Ralph Laconte or Rob Wagner to reserve spot on bus, $40 bus fee required per volunteer due to Ralph or Rob by build date*
33926 Calle La Primavera
Dana Point, CA 92629
Google map and directions
Corazón, Inc. is partnering with the following entities, hereafter referred to as the ‘Partner Entities':
Engineers Without Borders
I have carefully read this assumption of risk and release or waiver from liability agreement and I fully understand its contents. I am aware that this is a release of liability and a contract between myself and Corazón, Inc. I am signing this document of my own free will.
1. I acknowledge that I have voluntarily applied to Corazón, Inc. (“Corazón”) to participate in construction and other activities at various locations in California and Mexico (collectively, the “Corazón Activities”).
2 As consideration for being permitted by Corazón to participate in the Corazón Activities and use their tools and facilities, I hereby agree that I, my assignees, my heirs, distributees, guardians, and legal representatives will not make a claim against, sue, or attach the property of Corazón, the above listed Partner Entities or the suppliers of any of the tools or equipment I will use in the Corazón Activities, for injury or damage resulting from the negligence or other acts, howsoever caused, by any employee, agent, contractor of or other participant in Corazón Activities.
3. I hereby release Corazón and the above listed Partner Entities from all actions, claims, or demands that I, my assignees, my heirs, distributes, guardians and legal representatives now have or may hereafter have for injury or damage resulting from my participation in any Corazón Activities.
4. I hereby release and forever discharge Corazón and the above listed Partner Entities from any claim whatsoever that arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first aid, treatment, or participation in the Corazón Activities.
5. I expressly agree that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of California, and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of California. I agree that in the event that any provision herein is deemed invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Release, which remaining provisions shall continue to be enforceable.
6. Waiver of California Civil Code Section 1542. I acknowledge that I have been advised regarding the effect of California Civil Code Section 1542, which provides as follows:
“a general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor.”
I, HAVING BEEN SO ADVISED; HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVE THE PROVISIONS OF CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542.
7. I am aware that construction is a hazardous activity. I am voluntarily participating in the activities of construction with the knowledge of the danger involved and with the knowledge that medical facilities may not be available in the event of injury to myself. I hereby agree to accept any and all risks of injury or death, and verify this statement by placing my initials here: __________ (initial above) NOTE: Parent’s initials required if child is under the age of 18.
I hereby grant to CORAZÓN, INC., its legal representatives, successors and assigns, irrevocable permission to take and to copyright, in its own name or otherwise, and re-use, publish and republish photographic portraits, pictures or similar images or likenesses (collectively, the “Pictures”) of the undersigned and the undersigned’s children and/or other minors for which the undersigned is/are legally responsible, including, without limitation, any other Pictures in which the same may be included, in whole or in part, composite or distorted in character of form, without restriction as to changes or alterations, in conjunction with the undersigned’s own or fictitious names, or reproductions thereof in color or otherwise, made through any medium, and in any and all media now or hereafter known for illustration, promotion, art, editorial, advertising, trade, or any other purpose whatsoever. The undersigned also consent to the use of any published matter in conjunction therewith. The Pictures may be published in any manner, including advertising, periodicals, trade show exhibits or other promotional applications. Furthermore, the undersigned will hold harmless CORAZÓN, INC., its legal representatives, successors and assigns, from any liability arising from or in connection with the aforementioned Pictures. I affirm that I am more than 18 years of age and that I am competent to sign this contract on my own behalf. I acknowledge that I have read the foregoing authorization and release and that I fully understand its contents.
PARTICIPANT SIGNATURE: __PROVIDED BY CLICKING "SEND RSVP"__
DATE:__ 2020-01-22 15:20 ___
If you are registering for a Volunteer Under 18 years old, please complete this section.
I certify that I have obtained all of the following documents:
[x] If the minor child will be leaving the United States, I have obtained a notarized permission for any parent or guardian who is not accompanying the minor.
[x] I have obtained Emergency Contact information for volunteers under 18 years of age.
[x] I have obtained authorization from the parent or guardian of the volunteer under the age of 18.