Thank you for registering to participate in the Pacific Paradise Pools and CA Smartscape 9/10 project. We're so excited you are volunteering to build a home with us! The following information will inform you of what to expect when volunteering for this construction project.
- Review of COVID-19 Protocols
- Recommended tools and Personal Items to bring
- Valid US Passports are required
- Ideas for house warming gifts
- Schedule for a sample build day
- About the family and the community
We updated our COVID-19 Protocols for Volunteers (06.01.2022).
To review Corazón's COVID-19 Protocols, please click here:
Tools and Personal Items
House Warming Gifts
Welcome a family into their new home! (No money please)
- Bags of beans or rice
- kitchen utensils
- set of dishes
- pots or pans
- bedding (standard size)
- curtain and curtain rods (3-3' and 1-2'x2')
- school supplies for children
Sample Build Day
Build Meeting Location A
4AM Bus Meetup
18100 Brookhurst St
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
Google map and directions
Build Meeting Location B
6AM Bus Meetup
360 E H St
Chula Vista, CA 91910
Google map and directions
- 4 or 6 AM - Meet Up! Lead builders will inform you of important safety procedures, including COVID-19 Protocols.
- 6:45 AM - Bus over the border together.
- 7 AM - Arrive at the build site. Listen to Lead builder instructions.
- 12 PM - Lunch and Learn
- 1 PM - Return to work
- 4:30 PM - Closing Ceremony (if applicable)
- 5-6 PM - Departure for border
About the Family and Community
Salinas Ponce Family
The Salinas Ponce family is from Nayarit and has lived in Flores Magon for 20 years. They have participated in Corazón since 2018, when they discovered the programs that are carried out in the community. Gisela is cheerful, hard-working and persevering. She is an artisan, makes piñatas and clothes for dolls, and stays positive in the face of adversity. Her goals and dreams are to help her family move forward. With her participation in the community, the Salinas Ponce family wants to achieve a house construction to provide a safe roof for the children in the family. The family shares that monthly rent payments for where they live now are usually very complicated to make. This project will completely change the life of the Salinas Ponce family. They share their gratitude for your support, and they hope that this great gift will bless everyone.
Your group will be helping the Salinas Ponce family construct their home in our Flores Magon community. Flores Magon is located in Tijuana, Baja California.
Help a family build their new home!
Donate to our Education Fund today!
Tag us on social media!